The Costarrican Association of Community-Based Rural Tourism, promotes and strengthens community-based rural tourism in Costa Rica. The network is made up of over 20 environmental organizations and community groups. ACTUAR members used the community-based tourism to generate funds to enable them to protection of the environment and lifestyle of the community.
In 2004, ACTUAR founded its Reservation Center to promote the development of tourism and provide reservation services required by tour operators to offer their customers a genuine rural experience in Costa Rica. In addition to the Reservation Center, ACTUAR has its own tour operator.
We offer unique experiences. Stay in villages located in beautiful places and get familiar with people and their habits. Explore stunning and fascinating mangrove forest with local guides with vast experience and observe the diversity of local wildlife. Spend time with fisher women and learn about their lifestyle. Harvest organic vegetables to eat for dinner. Get inspired by the stories and legends of peasant life and share their efforts to protect the natural environment.
Why the places recommended by ACTUAR are unmatched?
- Family atmosphere and cultural exchange
- The hosts and guides are people living in the communities you'll visit
- Opportunity to interact with indigenous cultures, Afro-Caribbean or rural
- Contact with nature in places rarely visited by tourists
- Reasonable Rates
- Real and enriching experience
- The possibility of being part of local conservation initiatives and help them